fbpx Dual Enrollment Admission Requirements | University of West Alabama Skip to main content
Explore UWA Request Info Schedule a Visit Apply Now

Dual Enrollment Admission Requirements

Students who express an interest in enrolling in the dual enrollment/dual credit program must:

  1.  Be in grade 11 or 12 or have an exception granted by the University upon the recommendation of the student’s principal, superintendent, counselor, or school official.
  2. Have a “B” average, as defined by the high school policy, in completed high school courses.
  3. Preferred but not required: submit ACT with a minimum composite score of 19.
  4. Students must provide current high school transcripts as documentation of the student’s cumulative grade point average.
  5. Students must have the written approval of the appropriate principal or career and technical education program representative (if applicable), counselor, and superintendent. Dual Enrollment eligibility for students enrolled in private, home school, parochial, or church/religious secondary educational entities must be documented in writing by an appropriate school official. Approval from secondary school officials indicates that the student has demonstrated both academic readiness and social maturity.
  6.  Students must provide all Dual Enrollment Application forms with appropriate signatures.
  7. Students must meet additional individual course prerequisites in order to take English and math courses.
    1. English 101 – minimum ACT of 19 on ACT English sub-score
    2. Math 113 – minimum ACT of 20 on ACT Math sub-score

Attend a high school that has signed a Dual Enrollment Agreement with UWA (if your school is not a participating school, contact UWA and ask a recruiter to contact your principal/counselor)

Complete a Dual Enrollment Application and submit it to your school counselor. Attach a copy of your high school transcript and ACT results. 

A complete application will include:

  • Dual Enrollment Application signed by a parent/guardian and school counselor or principal

  • Official copy of high school transcript

  • Official copy of ACT scores (scores might be included on your high school transcript)

  • Dual Enrollment Course Registration Form indicating the courses you want to enroll in for the upcoming term. You will complete this form each semester you participate in Dual Enrollment.

Request Info

Submit your information to be contacted by phone/email.


* Required Information

I authorize the University of West Alabama and its representatives to contact me via SMS. I am providing my consent by leaving the opt-in checked. Message and data rates may apply. Terms.

By submitting your information, you confirm you have read the Privacy Policy.